Terms & Conditions
This agreement is made between Hilltop Classics of Pen y Garn, Ffordd Uchaf, Gwynfryn, Wrexham, LL11 5UN and the persons signing the booking form.
1. To drive the VW Campervan you need:
- To be 25 to 70 years of age
- To hold a full valid driver’s licence, held for a minimum of 2 years
- Have a maximum of three penalty points
- To have two forms of identity, including proof of permanent address
- Be fit and capable to drive
2. Included in the Price:
- Unlimited mileage
- All gas for cooking and heating
- Fully comprehensive insurance for one driver (additional driver at a cost of £50)
- UK Breakdown cover
- Use of all on board equipment
- Extras as specified on the booking form
3. Security Deposit
A £500 security deposit is required before the vehicle is handed over. This must be paid by the main driver's debit or credit card to validate the insurance.
The security deposit may be increased at the discretion of the insurers for hirers who do not meet the conditions in section one above.
This will be refunded within 7 working days of the end of the hire period, provided the vehicle is returned, on time to the agreed location, in the same condition as it was when picked up i.e.
- With the interior and all equipment and utensils clean and undamaged
- With the exterior, including wheels and tyres, undamaged
- With a full tank of unleaded fuel
The cost of rectifying any damage to the campervan exterior or interior will be deducted from the security deposit.
4. Hire, Collection and Return Times
Weekly hire - Collect on Saturday from 2.30pm and return Saturday by 10.00am
Long Weekend Hire - Collect on Friday from 2.30pm and return Monday by 10.00am
Mid Week Break - Collect on Monday from 2.30pm and return on Friday by 10.00am
Pick up times will be allocated on final confirmation to suit both parties.
Please be aware that by returning the vehicle late, you will not be insured and therefore committing a motoring offence. It will also impact adversely on the next hirer.
A charge of £50 per hour, or part thereof, will be levied, to cover additional insurance administration.
- A non refundable deposit of £150 is payable at the time of booking. We will confirm your reservation, once the monies have cleared.
- The balance is due 6 weeks prior to departure. We will accept card payment over the phone or bank transfer into account number 20139437 with sort code 09-01-28.
- If you cancel your booking up to 4 weeks before departure, we will refund 50% of the total hire charge
- If you cancel less than 4 weeks prior to departure, all monies paid are non refundable
- If, due to circumstances beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative. If an alternative is not available, our liability is limited to a maximum of the total hire charge.
- We strongly advise that you take out suitable holiday insurance to cover cancellation eventualities.
7. Rental Restrictions
- No one way rentals
- No smoking. A £250 valet charge will be deducted from the security deposit where there is evidence of smoking inside the vehicle
- The number of passengers is limited to the standard carrying capacity of each vehicle.
- All fines (e.g. parking, speeding etc.) will be the responsibility of the hirer
- No unauthorized towing
- Campervans may only be used at music festivals with prior agreement before booking
- Only unleaded fuel should be used. The hirer will be liable for any damage and any rectification costs should incorrect fuel be used.
- If you would like to take your dog with you on holiday, please contact us beforehand to discuss. Please note we only allow small breeds unless it is an assistance dog.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided for the period of hire. The security deposit, paid by the main driver on collection of the vehicle forms the excess on the policy.This covers the vehicle and fitments for damage and damage to third party property which the hirer will be liable for but does not cover your personal belongings.
- Windscreen cover is included
- Damage to tyres and wheels is not included and the hirer will be liable for replacement / repair costs to these.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all equipment is securely stowed in its correct location before setting off.
- Where seatbelts are provided, it is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure all passengers use their seatbelts correctly when the vehicle is in motion.
- There is no seatbelt for the rear facing buddy seat. Passengers travelling on this seat do so at their own risk.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure the safety of children whilst in or around the vehicle, particularly whilst using the upper bunks
11. Accidents and damage
- In the event of an accident or breakdown, you must inform Hilltop Classics immediately.
- Any accident to the interior or exterior of the hire vehicle will be repaired at the hirer’s cost and be taken from the security deposit once suitable quotations for such repairs have been obtained.
- Should you be involved in an accident, please obtain names and addresses of all parties concerned and any witnesses.
- A full report of the accident must be submitted, to Hilltop Classics, within 3 days of occurrence.
- The full security deposit is the excess on the vehicle insurance policy and is in force by the insurers, should you be involved in an accident.
- Damage to tyres and wheels is not covered by the insurance and will be the responsibility of the hirer to repair or replace as necessary.
- In the event of a breakdown, please call the breakdown service (number in your information pack) and Hilltop Classics. We may be able to assist over the phone, with roadside repairs, to help you get on your way.
- If the vehicle cannot be repaired by the breakdown service or garage, we may be able to provide an alternative vehicle. If no vehicle is available then Hilltop Classics will refund the remaining days’ hire costs. No additional costs or compensation for loss of days will be accepted by Hilltop Classics.
- “This agreement” means: - The Rental Agreement, (Booking Confirmation), the insurance motor rental agreement (Driver Insurance Form) and these terms and conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between any Hilltop Classics literature, the wording of these terms prevails.
- Hilltop Classics means Hilltop Classics, the Classic VW Campervan Hire Company, owned by Paul Williamson of Pen y Garn, Ffordd Uchaf, Gwynfryn, Wrexham, LL11 5UN.
- Customer means the person nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Main Driver’ on the booking form and the person responsible for all charges.
- Rental Period means the period of hire referred to under the heading ‘Hire Period’ on the booking form or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
- Vehicle means the vehicle described under the heading ‘ Our Vehicles’ or described by name on correspondence.This includes all fitted equipment and furniture, accessories, tyres and wheels and any optional accessories or equipment taken out at the time of hire.
The hirer is responsible for:
- All rental charges
- The security deposit
- Valeting fee of £100 if the campervan is not returned with the interior and equipment in a clean and usable condition
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties
- Any accidents, including third party property damage, not reported on return of the camper
- Any administration costs associated with any of the above in relation to the vehicle during the rental period
Total charges as set out therein are not final. The hirer will be responsible for any shortfall in charges to Hilltop Classics. Equally any overcharge will be refunded to the hirer by Hilltop Classics.
These terms and conditions are governed in all respects by English law and the parties submit to jurisdiction of the English courts.